https://mauiderm.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Marc-Brown-Photo.jpg 1800 1200 Maui Derm News https://mauiderm.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/MD-WebLogo.jpg Maui Derm News2014-06-27 04:18:282014-06-27 04:18:28Cutaneous Oncology: Talking Points
Marc Brown, MD
Here are some of the key points from Dr Brown’s presentation at MauiDerm NP+PA Summer 2014….
- High risk parameters for BCC include location on the central face, larger size, recurrence, prior radiation and aggressive histology.
- High risk histology for BCC includes the following: infiltrating, morpheaform, micronodular, basosquamous, sclerosing, desmoplastic, and perineural invasion.
- Risk factors for the development of SCC include: UV light exposure, X ray exposure, HVP infection, immunosuppression, chronic non-healing or inflammatory wounds, an rare genetic syndromes.
- High risk locations for SCC are ear, lip, genitalia and scalp.
- Other risk factors for aggressive SCC include: poorly differentiated histology, depth of invasion, perineural invasion, size (greater than 2 cm.).