https://mauiderm.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Hensin-Tsao-Photo1.jpg 1454 1200 Maui Derm News https://mauiderm.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/MD-WebLogo.jpg Maui Derm News2016-01-06 12:00:472016-01-04 09:22:04Pigmented Lesions: Clinical Pearls from Hensin Tsao, MD, PhD
- For the diagnosis of melanoma, best procedure is excision with 2-3mm margins;
- Treatment of primary melanoma is excision with 1-2cm margins;
- Sentinel lymph node biopsy should be seriously considered in anyone with melanoma >1mm;
- Interferon approved for Stage IIC and III melanoma;
- Anti-BRAF and anti-MEK treatments highly effective for BRAF-mutated melanomas;
- Checkpoint therapy exploding onto the scene.