Welcome to Maui Derm NP+PA Fall 2022
September 18-21, 2022 • Gaylord Opryland • Nashville, TN
The 9th Annual Maui Derm NP+PA Fall 2022 meeting will be held at the Gaylord Opryland in Nashville, Tennessee from September 18-21, 2022. The Fall meeting is part of our “On the Road” program that brings Maui Derm NP+PA to inspired locations throughout the U.S.
This four-day meeting will feature a one day “Special Pre-Conference Day” held on September 18, 2022 followed by our three day meeting.
The highly interactive sessions are designed to validate your current practice patterns while updating your skills in a variety of areas. Based on last year’s requests we have added a surgical workshop, dermatopathology session and a connective tissue disorder symposium.
You will learn some alternate ways to handle common problems and emerging methods to tackle those tough cases. Our world-class faculty have geared their presentations toward providing pearls you can put to use your first day back at work! Disease pathogenesis, differential diagnoses, therapeutic mechanisms of action, treatment algorithms and outcome measures are incorporated into case based discussions. Ample time for Q&A has been built into the program.
We encourage you to join us for what promises to be an exceptional educational opportunity and look forward to meeting you in Nashville, TN.
Advances in Cosmetic and Medical Dermatology Mission Statement
To increase Nurse Practitioners (NPs) and Physician Assistants (PAs) knowledge in areas of medical and cosmetic dermatology in order to enable the Nurse Practitioners (NPs) and Physician Assistants (PAs) to provide better care for their patients.
The Dermatology landscape is ever changing. There have been significant advances with regards to the diagnosis, management and treatment of both medical and cosmetic dermatologic conditions. NPs and PAs require targeted education regarding the proper management of these conditions.
This educational activity is designed for NPs and PAs who specialize in dermatology.
Overall Learning Objectives
Overall Learning Objectives
- Explain the pathogenesis of various dermatological conditions
- Cite the mechanisms of action of drugs and therapies that are commonly prescribed by the dermatologist
- Describe potential adverse effects and resistance issues that may be related to the use of drugs and therapies prescribed by clinicians in dermatology
- Describe techniques to avoid and manage potential side effects and complications related to dermatologic therapies and procedures
- Define appropriate outcome measures for the optimal follow-up of patients with dermatologic diseases as well as those receiving surgical and cosmetic procedures
- Assess the data related to emerging therapies for the treatment of a variety of dermatologic diseases
- Recognize the important role of clinician/patient communication
E-Newsletters and Online Clinical Pearls on Maui Derm News
E-Newsletters, Videos, Podcasts, Journal Articles on The Dermatology Digest
E-newsletters, videos, podcasts, articles, summaries of the Maui Derm content can be found on The Dermatology Digest (www.thedermdigest.com). The Dermatology Digest is the official media outlet for Maui Derm. The Dermatology Digest provides a source of valuable “practice changing” enduring materials to the dermatology community. The content will be delivered electronically via an “opt-in” process to the NP and PA dermatology community. The e-newsletters will include key talking points from the presentations, challenging cases including both diagnostic and management issues, embedded videos and downloadable slides. Among the topics to be included are:
- Psoriasis and Psoriatic Arthritis
- Neuromodulators/Dermal Fillers
- Disorders of Pigmentation
- Pediatric Dermatology
- Atopic Dermatitis
- Cutaneous Oncology
- Pigmented Lesions
- Literature Review
- Infectious Diseases
- New Drugs and Advanced Topical and Systemic Therapeutics
- Nail and Hair Disorders
- Contact Dermatitis
- Immunology of the Skin
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, Maui Derm NP+PA & NMG Meeting Management seeks to make this conference accessible to all. If you have a disability which might require special accommodations, please contact NMG Meeting Management at 831-595-0710 or email your needs to: email@example.com.