Welcome to Maui Derm NP+PA Fall 2020
September 28-October 1, 2020 • Gaylord Opryland Hotel • Nashville, TN
The 6th Annual Maui Derm NP+PA Fall 2020 meeting will be held at the Gaylord Opryland Hotel in Nashville, Tennessee from September 28-October 1, 2020. The Fall meeting is part of our “On the Road” program that brings Maui Derm NP+PA to inspired locations throughout the U.S.
This four-day meeting will feature a one day “Special Pre-Conference Day” held on September 28, 2020 followed by our three day meeting.
The highly interactive sessions are designed to validate your current practice patterns while updating your skills in a variety of areas. Based on last year’s requests we have added a surgical workshop, dermatopathology session and a connective tissue disorder symposium.
You will learn some alternate ways to handle common problems and emerging methods to tackle those tough cases. Our world-class faculty have geared their presentations toward providing pearls you can put to use your first day back at work! Disease pathogenesis, differential diagnoses, therapeutic mechanisms of action, treatment algorithms and outcome measures are incorporated into case based discussions. Ample time for Q&A has been built into the program.
We encourage you to join us for what promises to be an exceptional educational opportunity and look forward to meeting you in Nashville, TN.
Advances in Cosmetic and Medical Dermatology Mission Statement
To increase Nurse Practitioners (NPs) and Physician Assistants (PAs) knowledge in areas of medical and cosmetic dermatology in order to enable the Nurse Practitioners (NPs) and Physician Assistants (PAs) to provide better care for their patients.
The Dermatology landscape is ever changing. There have been significant advances with regards to the diagnosis, management and treatment of both medical and cosmetic dermatologic conditions. NPs and PAs require targeted education regarding the proper management of these conditions.
This educational activity is designed for NPs and PAs who specialize in dermatology.
Overall Learning Objectives
- Explain the pathogenesis of various dermatological conditions
- Cite the mechanisms of action of drugs and therapies that are commonly prescribed by the dermatologist
- Describe potential adverse effects and resistance issues that may be related to the use of drugs and therapies prescribed by clinicians in dermatology
- Describe techniques to avoid and manage potential side effects and complications related to dermatologic therapies and procedures
- Define appropriate outcome measures for the optimal follow-up of patients with dermatologic diseases as well as those receiving surgical and cosmetic procedures
- Assess the data related to emerging therapies for the treatment of a variety of dermatologic diseases
- Recognize the important role of clinician/patient communication
University of Cincinnati
E-Newsletters and Online Clinical Pearls on Maui Derm News
E-newsletters and clinical pearls will be disseminated via mauiderm.com to a larger audience based upon the evidence-based content delivered at the live meeting. The content will be delivered electronically via an “opt-in” process to the NP and PA dermatology community. The e-newsletters will include key talking points from the presentations, challenging cases including both diagnostic and management issues, embedded videos and downloadable slides. Among the topics to be included are:
- Neuromodulators/Dermal Fillers
- Disorders of Pigmentation
- Immunobullous Skin Disorders
- Pediatric Dermatology
- Cutaneous Oncology and Surgery and Pigmented Lesions
- Infectious Diseases
- New Drugs and Advanced Topical and Systemic Therapeutics
- Nail and Hair Disorders
- Dermatology Coding and Billing
- Immunology of the Skin
- Contact Dermatitis
The Maui Derm NP+PA Therapeutic Forum is an online forum that discusses hot topics and challenging cases and allows for participants to view pictures and videos that accompany the case studies. Faculty will be available to discuss the cases and viewers will have an opportunity to pose challenging questions to the faculty. All topics and case studies will be based upon the evidence-based medicine discussed at the live meeting. Online forums allow us to assess knowledge gaps and practice patterns and provide a means for future needs assessments.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, Maui Derm NP+PA & NMG Meeting Management seeks to make this conference accessible to all. If you have a disability which might require special accommodations, please contact NMG Meeting Management at 831-595-0710 or email your needs to: firstname.lastname@example.org.