To increase physicians’ knowledge in areas of medical and cosmetic dermatology in order to enable the physicians to provide better care for their patients.
This educational activity is designed for Dermatologists.
The Dermatology landscape is ever changing. There have been significant advances with regards to the diagnosis, management and treatment of both medical and cosmetic dermatologic conditions. Dermatologists require direction and insight into the proper management of these conditions.
This 5-day, comprehensive CME activity will utilize evidence-based data around the management of dermatologic conditions. Case studies, interactive discussion, patient demonstrations, and workshops will enhance the relevancy providing dermatologists with the ability to apply the data into clinical practice.
As a result of attending the Maui Derm for Dermatologists 2022, attendees should be able to:
1. Explain the pathogenesis of various dermatological conditions
2. Cite the mechanisms of action of drugs and therapies that are commonly prescribed by the dermatologist
3. Describe potential adverse effects and resistance issues that may be related to the use of drugs and therapies prescribed by clinicians in dermatology
4. Describe techniques to avoid and manage potential side effects and complications related to dermatologic therapies and procedures
5. Define appropriate outcome measures for the optimal follow-up of patients with dermatologic diseases as well as those receiving surgical and cosmetic procedures
6. Assess the data related to emerging therapies for the treatment of a variety of dermatologic diseases
7. Recognize the important role of clinician/patient communication
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of the University of Cincinnati and Advances in Cosmetic and Medical Dermatology.
The University of Cincinnati is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The University of Cincinnati designates this live and virtual activity for a maximum of 34.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credits commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Maui Derm has a new media partner: The Dermatology Digest. Meeting highlights will be brought to you in a wide range of formats including print, e-newsletters, video downloads and podcasts. We will be announcing more information about the launch of The Dermatology Digest later this fall.
Psoriasis and Psoriatic Arthritis
Lasers and Energy Devices
Cutaneous Oncology and Pigmented Lesions
New Drugs and Therapies
Challenging Cases in Dermatology
Hair and Nail Disorders
Surgical Approaches to Wound Closures
Connective Tissue Disorders
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, Maui Derm & NMG Meeting Management seeks to make this conference accessible to all. If you have a disability which might require special accommodations, please contact NMG Meeting Management at 831-595-0710 or e-mail your needs to: firstname.lastname@example.org.