https://mauiderm.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Marghoob-Pic.jpg 478 335 Maui Derm News https://mauiderm.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/MD-WebLogo.jpg Maui Derm News2015-10-21 08:31:172015-10-21 09:14:14Dermoscopy Clinical Pearls
Ashfaq Marghoob, MD
- Shiny white structures seen with polarized dermoscopy are important clues for malignancy
- The key features seen in malignancy: dermoscopic asymmetry, blue-black-gray color, shiny white structures (includes negative network), and blood vessels
- Never monitor palpable lesions unless you know for sure they are benign
- Shiny white blotches and strands is a new criterion for BCC
- The 2-step algorithm, pattern analysis, 3-step algorithm, chaos and clues and the AC rule can be condensed into the TADA algorithm.