https://mauiderm.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Marghoob-Pic.jpg 478 335 Maui Derm News https://mauiderm.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/MD-WebLogo.jpg Maui Derm News2015-01-26 12:41:032015-01-28 07:46:33Dermoscopy: Clinical Pearls
Ashfaq Marghoob, MD
Dermoscopy Clinical Pearls:
- The presence of leaf-like and spoke wheel-like structures seen with dermoscopy is 100% specific for the diagnosis of basal cell carcinoma.
- The presence of vessels arranged in a string of pearls pattern seen under dermoscopy is 100% specific for the diagnosis of clear cell acanthoma.
- The presence of white blotches and strands within the same lesion seen with polarized dermoscopy is highly suggestive of basal cell carcinoma
- Angulated lines forming a zigzag pattern or forming polygonal shapes is suggestive of pigmented actinic keratosis or lentigo maligna
- The presence of any of the 10 melanoma specific structures in a melanocytic lesion should prompt consideration for a biopsy